Saturday, August 31, 2013

Uncle Sam has lost the moral high ground!!




Two amendments recently failed in Congress, one that would have curtailed the massive collection of telephonic and digital communications of American citizens by NSA and the other, that would have curtailed the authorization of endless wars and unseemly covert military actions around the world in the name of fighting terrorism.


It seems to me that I have lost the country I have known, of Constitutional Law, that respects my privacy and freedom as a citizen and one that shows respect for International law, where the killings of innocent children are not dismissed and rationalized as "necessary" for self defense. 

Deeply disappointed, bereft and aggrieved at the loss of a country that purported to live by the highest standards of ethics and moral integrity!  Uncle Sam, you have given up the high ground on which we were founded.  I want my country back!

No comments: